NNFCC: Description and role
Who we are
NNFCC Ltd is a strategic consultancy with in-depth knowledge of the bioeconomy. Established by the UK Government in 2003 as the National Non-Food Crops Centre, NNFCC has grown to become a leading commercial bioeconomy consultancy serving an international client base across bioenergy and bio-based products. NNFCC is an independent provider of expertise and strategic focus to business and public-sector clients, including government departments. NNFCC has worked exclusively in the bioeconomy sector for 18 years and offers clients a wealth of experience in the bioenergy and biofuels markets and the growing biobased products sector.
NNFCC firmly believe in a future where biobased technologies are a key component of the low carbon circular economy. The company’s mission is to provide sector leading strategic business consultancy; analysing, explaining and de-risking the bioeconomy for clients.
NNFCC offers a broad skill set and the staff complement includes expertise in relevant feedstocks (types, availability, location and standards), conversion technologies, supporting policies, application processes and ongoing reporting requirements. NNFCC delivers a wide range of services across all bioeconomy sectors, including:
- Biomass feedstock production and sourcing
- Environmental impact assessments
- Biomass supply chain sustainability analysis and GHG life-cycle assessment
- Advice on biological and thermochemical conversion of biomass feedstocks
- Techno-economic modelling, evaluation and analysis
- Policy and regulatory analysis and strategic impact analysis
- Feasibility assessment
- Future market potential and scenario analysis
- Risk assessment and analysis